A man has been airlifted to hospital after being trampled by a cow in the NSW Hunter region. The 51-year-old was hit in the torso and suffered scrapes and swelling to his left flank in the incident on a property at Bunyah north of Newcastle.
He was taken to hospital via the Westpac Rescue Helicopter.
- The call to emergency services came just before midday on Saturday.
- Two crews were sent to the scene, including a helicopter critical care medical team.
- Paramedics at the scene were told the cow had “kicked and stepped on” the man.
- It wasn’t clear whether he was a worker on the property or not.
- He was taken to John Hunter Hospital in a stable condition.